About Me

My photo
I am never looking for the typical life experience. I spend so much time pondering the many facets of what makes life fun and interesting that it came time to start voicing those thoughts for a greater purpose than my own advancement as a higher life-form. Thus begat the musings of a queer otter. You can find me in the Denver area as a co-host for the kinky/sensual Spa Day, at various Leather and Kink events around Colorado, or riding one of the many buses and trains in our lovely metropolitan area. I'm also actively recording and working on a podcast with my lovely partner Lady Bandita that focusses on sex-positive culture and our take on sexuality as a whole.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

So you want to know what queer means to me?

In the most appropriate fashion I figured my first blog post should be a little of a "get to know Otter" experience.  The musing has been partially inspired by a comment a friend made yesterday as we were driving to Bandita's for Spa Day.  My friend said, "Queer is such a complicated term because it means something different to everyone that uses it."  (or something very very close to that effect)  It got me thinking about my own use of the word queer.

I identify as queer because it seems much easier to call myself queer rather than explain all my significant relationships that happen to involve female bodied individuals.  Sure if you want my dick to get hard it is pretty important to provide me with some delicious manly stimulation, but with that being said I have been known to do more than platonic things with individuals of the not-so-manly persuasion.  So I land in this lovely ambiguity I call queer.  Basically I'm saying I don't want to be boxed-in.  Take it or leave it, I'm not going to jump onto the binary of the Kinsey scale.  I want more options!

Mind you all of this is being typed the morning after I gave Bandita a ridiculous birthday present.  I arrived at Spa Day with my usual array of kinky toy bags, but she didn't know I had tucked my urethral sounds into one of the bags.  She has been wanting to play around with them on me for quite some time, and I figured her birthday would be a great occasion to allow her the pleasure of partaking in an activity I had formerly reserved as a part of my masturbatory pleasure only.  Friends were slowly trickling in while wifey was frying some cubed squash when I pulled them out of my bag and said, "For your birthday I figured it would be fun if you fuck my piss hole."  The squeals of glee were exactly the reaction I was looking for.  So yes, my sexual world is nothing too ordinary or dull.  Needless to say the day was wrought with activities that most people don't even imagine.

So who is Otter, anyway?  Well, I'm 31 years old as I write this.  I'm working on my undergrad in English Literature and Linguistics while also pursuing a teaching license to teach middle school and high school English.  I'm also working on getting certified to teach English as a second language in the schools.  I'm a super queer feminist and heavily invested in the BDSM and Leather community.  I have a lovely man that I am LEGALLY married to.  You'll see many references to my Husbear in future posts.  I was raised in an extremely conservative and fundamental xtian home.  My father is a Baptist minister.  I spent a portion of my life as a bible-beating zealot and committed atrocities I don't care to ever relive.  I'm now a self-identified agnostic and have very little tolerance for religiously-based prejudice and hatred.  I try to live a greener life by recycling, riding public transit, eating a mostly vegetarian diet, and buying consciously.  I do not view myself as perfect or superior to anyone else, but I'm trying to be the best ME I can be.  I also encourage everyone to strive to be the best YOU possible.

That's a little about me, and as I finish this up I looked back and noticed I hardly explained the word queer at all.  Well, keep an eye out for more on what queer means to me.  Till then here's some sloppy kisses from Otter!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging, Otter. I now have a new, shiny link to direct my people here. :) --Bella

    ReplyDelete